
Yesterday afternoon I made the mistake of starting to watching the first episode of North and South. So last night I told myself I was only going to watch episode 2. Well I couldn't stop there so I finished the other two episodes. It all ended about 3am this morning. That's what I get for starting a mini-series that late at night.
Anyways, to talk about the actual movie/mini-series. Now, when you hear the title North and South you probably think about the epic Civil War series but this isn't that movie. This is a story about a family, the Hales, that move from the south of England to the more industrial North of England. At the center of this series is the relationship between Margaret Hale and John Thorton. As Margaret gradually settles in Milton her social conscience awakens and she befriends some of the local mill workers, learning about who they are and about their problems. At times the plot moves rather slowly but I don't think that affected the quality of the movie. It was amazing, I almost liked as much as some Jane Austen movies (shocker I know).
No comments:
Post a Comment