Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

Who would of thought that a movie with the title Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day would be a good movie. Well I am here to tell you that it was one of the most enjoyable movies I have seen in awhile. From beginning to end I could not anticipate what was going to come next. From the first scene with Delysia (Amy Adams) I was hooked. Her character is such a whirl wind of activity and adventure. Then much to my surprise in marches Lee Pace (Ned from Pushing Daisies) and the deal was sealed, this was an amazing movie. To make it even better was CiarĂ¡n Hinds (Caption Wentworth from Persuasion) as Joe.



The entire of the film happens in a 24 hour period, hence Miss Pettigrew lives for a day. The movie opens with Miss. Pettigrew being dismissed from yet another governess position without so much as severance pay. She then gains another employment assignment as a social secretary. Upon arriving at her employers apartment she is launched into the caotic and glamourous world of the American actress and singer, Delysia Lafosse. Over the next 24 hours, Guinevere and Delysia will empower each other to discover their romantic destinies.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Some may disagree with me but I thought this was a very cute movie! I loved it :)